Saturday, October 5, 2013

Videos!!!

Many of these videos I found to be very educational:

Computer parts: This video reinforced what our instructor showed us during lecture.  I was shocked when I heard that leaving a computer running all the time for a year could cost up to 700 dollars.

Nova: I found it interesting to know that the watch was actually the first computer and that all computers are actually all ran on a binary code made up of just two numbers.

CPU: This was an interesting explanation of why or why not to get a high end computer.

Taking apart a computer: Another great demonstration of the main parts of a computer.

Ram vs Disk: This video explains the storage of a computer and how the hard drive stores files and it talks about virtual memory.

Replace Laptop ram: So this shows that just about anyone could change the ram in a laptop, super easy!!

How a disk works: I've always wanted to be able to see what is going on inside of a disk player, and this video shows what is going on in there. I found it very interesting.

How to buy a laptop: This video was of course helpful and I am thankful to have access to it, because if I was going to buy a computer  I would probably just go with the cheapest one that also looks cool. So I know little to nothing about it.

How to buy a balanced machine: This video was great but it still is a bit over my head and hard to figure out. It just helps me realize how little I really know about computers.

No comments:

Post a Comment