Friday, October 18, 2013

Facebook Activist
   In the article, Middle East Uprising: Facebook's Secret Role in Egypt, it addresses Egypt in 2011 when the people protested against the president along with other issues. It resulted in getting the president out, but cost many people lives and many injured.  This article claims that Facebook helped protect activists sites as the protests approached.  One in particular page was named "We are all Khaled said" and it had 400,000 fans. They are saying that Facebook left the page up until the day of the election and even protected it therefore having views that support the revolt. I myself do not know what to think about this, I'm not sure if it is good to let people have the freedom on Facebook to fight for rights or if it is not OK, but now that I have seen this I will be considering it much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment